So I have no idea what I’m doing. Just gonna put that out there! I don’t know what I’m doing. (You can tell because I accidentally published this early before it was done shhhhhhhhhhh) But I’m gonna do a thing, you guys.
I’m doing a thing.
Why I’m doing a thing: lynlynsays (Just Something About LynLyn) nominated me for the Liebster Award which I guess is a chain-post-type-thingu to send to bloggers under 200 followers (which I am SO TOTALLY one of:D) to put them out there. Which is really cool. Here’s the rules, shamelessly stolen from LynLyn’s blog.
So here are my answers to the questions that LynLyn gave me!
- If you could describe your personality in three words, what three words would you use? And why those words?
Defiant, because I love telling people who think they know everything exactly how they’re wrong.
Cheerful, because I like to make people laugh for no reason. That’s what I try to do here in between my being smart at you (which, by reading this, you are now contractually obligated to let me be smart at you. I’m sorry, it’s the law.)
Uncensored, because I don’t give a shit.
- Do you have a pet peeve? If so, what is it?
People touching my face. I grew up with parents who felt it was their responsibility to make sure my face was free of particles or lint or stray hairs or other shmutz and I slowly developed a complex. (If there’s one thing this post should tell you, it’s that I *really* need therapy! :D)
- Do you think out loud?
All the frickin’ time. It’s ridiculous. Sometimes I hold more meaningful conversations with myself than the people in my life. I’ll be talking to myself about a blog post or a paper or a story I’m trying to write and someone will walk in to my room and then just slowly turn around and go away lolololol
- Do you listen to music while you blog? If so, what genre of music?
Trashy J-Pop. Especially trashy 90’s J-Pop. With the occasional glam rock, country, or EDM thrown in for flavor.
- If you could make a “Soundtrack of Your Life,” what five songs would you put?
No order, no context.Next
- Have you ever went karaoke? Did you like it, why or why not?
I have not gone to karaoke, but I really want to. At least part of me wants to. The other, lazier part of me prefers to stay at home and watch anime in my underwear.
- Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Black, or sometimes a hot mocha. No question. I’ve never had a taste for tea. Not even “sweet” tea, and I was born in Kentucky! (It’s not the Deep South but it’s South! South of here, anyway.)
- Your top five favorite books of all time (well so far in life)?
This question kills me inside every time someone asks. I don’t have favorites of ANYTHINGGGGG. I read books and I may love them but I just don’t rank them in my head like that. But I’ll give it a shot :D1. Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson. It’s a warm, hilarious, touching, ridiculous, semi-autobiographical train wreck by one of, in my opinion, the greatest human beings to ever walk this earth.
2. Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. It made me think and it made me cry. It made me cry big, gross Studio Ghibli tears. It’s also poignant and hilarious and one of Pratchett’s best books. His sense of humor makes up at least half of my writing, at least.
3. The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson. It’s a kinda-scholarly book about etymology and the history of the English language. It opened my mind to how crazy my language really is and how much language really does matter from day to day in our lives.
4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Frankenstein is the granddaddy of all science fiction. It was written two hundred some odd years ago and still it’s message is important. And the words that Shelley uses to express that message are put together in a way that still sends chills up my spine four years after I first read them.
5. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow. The big bullet points of a dying man’s life condensed into 250 pages. It will leave you a blubbering mess but it should be required reading in “How to be a Human Being” class.
- If you could rewrite the ending of a book, anime or manga? Which would it be and why?
I would rewrite the ending of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders to not be fucking stupid. Because it’s fucking stupid. Next question.(This might be a blog post coming down the pipeline *spoilerspoiler* it is for real but shh it’s a secret.)
- If you knew the world is going to end tomorrow, what would you do on your last day?
Get with my friends and family, make cookies, slam Mountain Dew, and play couch co-op video games until the end.
- Would you meet a blogger (or bloggers) in real life? If so, who and why?
I don’t see why not. I’m a blogger and I guess I’m an ok guy. I’d meet lynlynsays and buy her a coffee/tea because she nominated me to do this post and that’s pretty cool of her. Madoka Swagica at Abysmal seems pretty legit, too. I’d meet everyone who follows this blog because they’re all pretty cool, too. I don’t really know a lot of bloggers yet! HEY! If you’re reading this and you have a cool blog you should like this or follow me so I can find out about your cool blog!
So I guess that’s that. Time for eleven facts about me?
1. My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
2. I have a dog. Her name is Missy and she’s 12 and hates everything. Just like me when I was 12!
3. I’m going to college for a history degree because living with my parents until I’m 35 can’t be *so* bad can it?
4. I will never have a job that will not allow me to wear a black t-shirt and jeans to work unless it literally means the difference between life and death.
5. I like to cook.
6. I hate coming up with eleven facts about myself.
7. I really hate trying to think of interesting things about myself.
8. I don’t have many interesting things to say about myself.
9. I almost shit my pants when I saw The Last Guardian at E3.
10. Hearing the CEO of Sony of America talk about games being “the cultural zeitgeist” took all of my happy from The Last Guardian and ripped it to shreds.
11. I’m not gay, I’m just sparkly.
12. I don’t play by your rules.
And I guess all that’s left is to nominate eleven other bloggers for the award. Problem is, I don’t know that many bloggers. So I’m just gonna pick a few that I’ve seen cool stuff from.
1. Abysmal – because it’s not often I read something that makes me laugh like this blog does. Plus, they nominated me for this award a second time so I intend to keep the cycle of masturbatory self-congratulation going.
2. JustAnotherAnimeFan – because they’re one of my first followers and it doesn’t look like they’ve been nominated yet. (Edit: I was very wrong. They’ve been nominated SO many times.) Also their recent Seiyuu Spotlight was really cool. Haven’t seen a lot of voice-actor-love around these parts.
3. PopCultureMecha – because they were also nominated by LynLyn but their blog is cool as hell and they seem no stranger to smart stuff. They also follow me and I secretly want to be their bff. They’ve been nominated a bunch of times though. I won’t be mad if they don’t want to do mine. Just go look at their blog. Is gud.
4. Wanimu – because they legit just followed me as I write this. Get rekt.
I’m gonna go exploring on the blogosphere to find 7 more cool people to nominate. Until then, here’s my questions for these 4:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Favorite video game and why? If you don’t play video games, why not?
3. Favorite tabletop game and why? If you don’t play tabletop, why not?
4. Favorite author? Favorite book by that author?
5. How do you take your coffee? If you don’t drink coffee, why are you such a scrub?
6. What’s the design on your favorite t-shirt? (You can tell a lot about a person from their t-shirts)
7. What’s the biggest piece of advice you’d give to the you of one year ago?
8. Favorite YouTubers? If you don’t watch YouTube, why not?
9. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen in public?
10. What was the first book you ever remember reading?
11. If you were on death row, what would you pick for your last meal?
I’ll be back with more cool people to nominate, I promise!
Thanks again for nominating me, Lyn!